When it comes to window treatments, venetian blinds are a popular choice among many homeowners for a good reason. They are one of the most versatile types of blinds and are more stylish than traditional curtains as well. Plus, they are easy to clean and install.
Once you’ve decided that venetian blinds are the window covering you want for your home, you will need to choose between either wooden or aluminum ones. While both options look quite trendy, it is their different features, pros and cons that will make one of them a better option for your needs. Here are the pros and cons of each type so you can decide which one fits your needs the most.
Aluminum Venetian Blinds
If you opt for aluminum venetian blinds you will enjoy the following benefits:
- They are attractive and can be used on windows of all sizes and shapes;
- Extremely durable and very economical;
- Fit in well in contemporary home styles;
- Come in a range of colours, which means they can complement any space perfectly;
- Offer different levels of privacy;
- More affordable than wooden venetian blinds;
- Can be operated with a remote control.
As with all kinds of window treatments, aluminum venetian blinds also have their downsides. They are very good heat and cold conductors, which means warm or cold air can easily take up into the metal and then be released to the surrounding. In extreme temperature regions, this disadvantage may be a big problem.
Wooden Venetian Blinds
For light, natural looking rooms, you should consider going with wooden blinds. Why? Take a look at the following points:
- Ideal for those who are looking for privacy;
- Have the ability to add class and elegance to a room;
- Easy to use and install
- Come in different colours and can match almost any hardwood floor or furniture choice;
- Block the UV rays very well.
The main reason which drives people away from wooden venetian blinds is their price. Often, this type of blind is the most expensive of all blinds available on the market. In addition, they tend to break easier than aluminum venetian blinds. Contact with water may also be a problem with this type, thus, it is not recommended for bathrooms. Regardless of which type you decide to choose, make sure it fits well in your interior design scheme for the ultimate look.