In this day and age, we all need to unwind after a stressful day. Everyone has different rituals for relaxing their body and mind. Especially if you’re working from home, it might be hard to get rid of the stress when the office is in your house. This is why you need to do everything to make your workdays or after work hours as relaxing as possible and suited to your needs. Maybe you’ve considered getting a massage chair or a hot tub, but there are several other options that may be exactly what you need to ease your stress and boost your happiness.
Zero Gravity Chair for Relieving Any Body Ache
The first thing you can do to make your home more enjoyable is getting a no gravity chair. The name comes from the zero gravity position that puts your body in a neutral position where your feet align with your heart. This means that your upper body and your feet are on the same level. It mimics weightlessness and it resembles the position in which astronauts’ bodies are in when they’re taking off.
And the best part of it all? There is a truly diverse range you can choose from. You can find an excellent zero gravity chair at an affordable price in your desired design. That being said, you can incorporate it in your home no matter your style or budget.
Benefits from Using a Zero Gravity Chair
- Zero gravity chairs reduce the pressure on your spine and heal your back pain;
- They help keep your heart healthy by regulating high blood pressure;
- Decrease lower back pain by relaxing your muscles;
- Keep you in a correct posture when you sit on them, thus improving it.
- You won’t be slouching as when you’re sitting on regular chairs;
- More oxygen gets to your blood and improves blood circulation. Better blood flow helps with pain by reducing swelling. This is beneficial after a long day at work or for those experiencing circulation problems.
The no gravity chair comes with many additional features. You can choose a model with extended armrests that’ll support your arms and back, head pillows for supporting your head and neck, and ergonomic support in various other places. Besides the zero gravity position, most chairs offer other positions as well to provide you with the necessary rest.
Most of the time, the different parts of the chair move independently so you can find the position that suits you the best. You can buy zero gravity chair accessories, like small trays, cup and book holders that clip on the side of the chair. In this way, you won’t have to get up because you’ll have everything you need within reach.
Adjustable Bed to Get the Night Rest You Deserve
If you want to take relaxation to the next level, go for adjustable beds. These are nothing like hospital beds because they’re made to be used in your home. These beds enable you to separately control the different sections of the bed. This way, you can find the position that’s best for your specific needs.
The bed can be adjusted with a controller attached to a cord but newer models mostly use wireless hand controllers. The bed can come with or without a mattress. Most manufacturers recommend mattresses that would work with the type of bed that they offer but you can choose another mattress as well. Just make sure it’s durable and flexible so you get good use out of it.
Benefits of Using an Adjustable Bed
- Helps people with insomnia. Since an uncomfortable bed can be one of the causes for insomnia, having an adjustable bed can aid your sleep;
- Relieves breathing problems because they can get worse when sleeping on a flat surface. With elevating the upper part of the bed, the airways open so you can breathe easily;
- Relieves back pain by allowing you to sleep in a position that follows the natural line of your spine;
- Helps with arthritis since you can adjust the bed in a position that won’t put pressure on your joints;
- Improves circulation because just like the no gravity chair, it helps your heart pump blood;
- Benefits people who need help to get out of bed. In this way, it promotes independence because they can control the bed and get in or out of the bed with no assistance.
Ergonomic Workstation for Greater Productivity
You need to feel comfortable while working. If you weren’t prepared for work from home when the pandemic hit, it’s definitely time to invest in furniture that will make you more productive and comfortable. You can opt for a stand-up desk that can be adjusted for working in a standing position. It can have great benefits for your health, especially if you don’t want to sit all day long.
Instead of a desk, you can also pick a desktop workstation. It’s adjusted in the same way as the desk but it can be placed on top of other surfaces, like on a regular desk. You won’t have to make more room to incorporate it into the existing design of the room, there’s no need for special installation, and you won’t have to rearrange the other elements. It’s a simple addition that can have a great impact on your working environment.
If you want to stand up, you can raise and adjust the workstation at the desired height. The monitor should be at eye level and your hands shouldn’t be raised above your elbows. It usually offers a larger space for all the other elements, like the keyboard and mouse. This means that your arms will be set apart in a more natural position so there’s no strain on any part of your body. These workstations come with many cool features as well, so you can choose the one that best fits your space and needs.