When it comes to holding several products together or ensuring they are stay in a good condition during transport, it is best to use the stretch wrapping and shrink wrapping packaging services. Both stretch and shrink wrapping are used for packing purposes, and because of this, many people interchange shrink and stretch wrapping not realizing that they are two completely different types of wrapping processes.
Stretch wrapping is a stretchable clear plastic film that can be wrapped around various products, stretching around them and holding them together. The stretch wrapping film is made from polyethylene plastics, and is designed to hold many products together on a pallet for storage or transportation purposes. There are different types of stretch wrapping films like UV stretch wrap, anti-static stretch film, vented pallet wrap, pre-stretch film, colored stretch film, etc.
The main advantages of using stretch wrapping are:
- Cost Effective – Compared to other types of pallet wrapping, stretch wrapping is less expensive and so is the necessary equipment used in this packaging process.
- Protective – This type of wrapping secures and protects the products from moisture, dust, sun and harmful UV rays.
- Adaptable – Stretch wrapping uses different types of films for different applications and different types of surfaces.
Shrink wrapping is another type of clear plastic film. The main difference between stretch and shrink wrapping is that the shrink wrap is not made from a stretchy film. Shrink wrapping loosely covers the products and shrinks tightly when the heat is applied. The film is usually made from polyolefin plastics, and is used for protecting a single product from moisture, dust or bad weather. It is also used to tightly combine smaller products together. Shrink wrapping packaging services are also used for wrapping more products on a pallet and are commonly used for covering and protecting different types of foods like meats, cheese, vegetables, etc.
Advantages of using shrink wrapping packaging services:
- Protective – Shrink wrapping is a great way to protect your products from moisture, dirt, dust or other weather damages.
- No Surface Damage – If it is properly applied, shrink wrapping will completely protect your products during transportation and storage.
- Breathable – Shrink wrapping has a special feature and that is to give your products enough space to breath. This means that your products will be ventilated, which additionally eliminates damages that might occur from moisture.