They say handbags are like friends; you can never have too many. They are a great way to make a fashionable statement without trying too hard – just pick your favourite one and let it scream out loud how good of a taste you have.
Every woman knows how good it feels to hold a quality bag, big enough to carry all of your daily essentials. Handbag style is a way of saying who you are without having to speak. So, what do you want your bag to say about you? That you are a well-educated, intelligent woman with good qualities who knows how to take good care of herself or a crappy, unorganized with a low self-confidence one?
A good quality bag will instantly enhance your outfit and deceive curios looks. The truth is, we all have different tastes and needs, but whatever style you may prefer, it is no secret that we all want a quality bag that will last for many years to come.
Although they may look great on the outside, there are a few features which will help you identify a crappy handbag.
- Useless Pockets – At first sight it may seem like all those pockets will serve their purpose and will be great for organization. However, oftentimes interior and exterior pockets are not big enough or just too big that your stuff magically disappear inside them.
- Heavy – An unreasonably heavy bag is nothing else but a crappy bag. It will give you back pain, shoulder pain and make your walking unpleasant.
- Poor Straps – If your bag comes with adjustable straps then that is okay, but if the straps are not adjustable, you need to make sure the bag is not too long or too short for your body. Furthermore, avoid pencil thin straps as they are not ergonomic and will cut into your shoulders which can be very annoying.
- Low Quality Materials – The bag can be very appealing to the eye but if the material is cheap and prone to tear and wear, it is all in vain.
- Zippers – One of the biggest pointers of quality handbags is how the zipper opens and closes. One thing is for sure, it should be a quality one and it should glide smoothly.
- Fine Details – Most of the time it is the little touches that show the quality of a handbag. Details such as feet on the bottom of the bag (so it does not get dirty when you leave it down), a comfortable zipper pool and similar things make handbags more functional and prettier.